Saturday, September 23, 2006

Busy life of a mad drug peddling chemist

Hmm...haven't really posted for super long...the last post that really count was when I was high on Atarax :P
Glad to say that my rash outbreak is now more or less gone...still feel itchy occasionally esp at night..and esp on the face and ears...so still taking Atarax at night...which seems to give me weird dreams that I can't seem to rem when I wake up!!! No mention of such side effect in my DIH (Drug Information Handbook) or Micromedex though...oh well it could be due to something else or I could be the first with such an effect :P
We are all guinea pigs when we take any drugs after all :P

Anyway, I haven't been posting much since it's that time of the year...or rather semester...that I get really really busy!!! So busy that I have been last team to arrive at home every night...either due to lecture, work or just out for dinner with frens like yest and today...

I also haven't really exercise since AHM!!!...until early this week...
It's nothing to do with the workload...I wanted to take a break from land sports due to the injury I had during AHM...then the rashes came along so I din wanna subject my skin to the harsh chlorine in the pool...
But I finally went for tennis training on Tue...then the next day went for a swim...nice relaxing swim :D

I think deadlines and the lack of exercise sure made me feel like a pressure cooker!!
I feel so much better after handing in my assignment on Tue...plus the exercise...phew...

Unfortunately I still have plenty of deadlines ahead of me...a couple of assignments I just got this week...due late next month...and maybe another which will come along next month...and 2 tests...or maybe it'll be 3 or 4 within the next 2 months!!
Well the good thing abt having so many tests/assignments is that the weightage each of them is not very high :D
...and this will be the last sem that all these tests/assignments will get into my way since I have cleared my module requirement...yippee...more time to do my personal work then ;)

Oh and did I mention abt marking lab reports...plenty to mark...since I'm taking 3 classes this sem...but it also means I would be able to fulfill my teach assistant duty requirement in 1 more sem :D
Anyway, hanging out with the students can be quite fun also...esp those who r eager to learn...hopefully they dun learn the wrong things from this drug peddler though :P
Of course there'll always be those who dun like to learn "how to fish"...they want me to "fish for them" instead :P

Hmm...those are my "sideline" work...my main work is research...so everyday I still have to do some work in my own lab...
Now I'm spending time in the not so clean "clean room"...growing cells and drugging them...hehe...that's wat mad drug peddling chemist do :P
Cell culture work seem to be not so flexible though...gotta grow them on Mon and Thur, feed them drugs on Tue and Fri...and check their viability and kill them on Fri and Mon...just so I dun have to go back during the weekends :D
In between still gotta check on the cells and make sure they r growing fast enough in the flask so that I can continuously carry out my assay...and not to mention all the autoclaving of the rubbish generated and some pipette tips etc...phew...
Hopefully I can finish all the cell culture work within the next 3 or 4 weeks...then after that clear some of the assignments and make more new drugs ;)

I feel so WA!!!

That said...next week is term break!! Yippee...I still have to do my lab work...but at least there r no lectures...did I mention my lectures are pretty late at night? 6-8pm on Mons and 8-10pm on Tues...siao hor?
...and no TA duty...just need to finish marking last week's lab report :P Yay :D

Ok...time to go iron my plenty un-ironed clothes :P

4 comments:

kops21 said...

seow leow, study so late, no time for pator already....:(

penguin said...

got lah...not every night study so late lah...some nights go out for dinner mah :P

Vorlacks said...

hee hee... so when dinner... dot dot dot...

penguin said...

aiya...today asked u too late...u ate liao...dot dot dot...

so when dinner?