Wednesday, January 03, 2007

X'mas and new year!!

There were so many holidays the past couple of weeks...so many long weekends!!
First there was X'mas...then there was Hari Raya Haji...and followed by New Year's Day!!
Oh ya...and followed by Feei's b'day..haha :P

So guess wat I did for the holidays??!!
I worked!! Very IWA indeed huh?

Worked at TPY on X'mas day...busy as usual...but ok ;)

Then I was at AMK on New Year's Day and the following day (replacement hol for Hari Raya Haji)...wah...that place is madness...that new hub isn't even all ready...wonder y the rush to open *shrug*
There's only one way down to the basement now...takes me 1 minute to ride on one escalator...ya..i was so irritated...i decided to time my ride...oh ya...there r 2 escalators each way...so...for a 30 min lunch break...I need to spend 5-10 mins getting in and out of that basement...arghhhhh!!
Oh ya..and that place is crowded as hell...dun u guys have another place to go...y all come and crowd in AMK...so irritating...I hate crowds :P
...and then there r the drug addicts...so crowded also u guys wanna come...wat's ur problem??!!
...and does the dispensary at AMK look a lot more like the cashier then any other shop??!! Stop coming to the dispensary to make ur payment...the word "CASHIER" is damn huge and u guys can ask me where's the cashier??!! U all irritate the hell out of me!!
Oh ya...I think a taller stool is necessary for the dispensary...or maybe just longer arms?? I can't even sit down to use the computer or write anything on the desk...design sucks man :P

Oh well...that was the sucky 2 days I had at AMK...at least I'm paid...although if I knew it were this busy and irritating...dun think I would I have chosen to work :P

Anyway, thankfully it's not all work the last couple of weeks...

There was the x'mas party the sat b4 x'mas...I was supposed to be santa elf...but in the end...din get the costume :P
I was a microphone stand instead...wahaha...
It was fun...with plenty of food and entertainment in the form of skit, cooking demo and singing...we sure have great singers ard ;)

Then last Sat it was KC's wedding lunch...met up with quite a few ASEAN ppl...with special guest appearance all the way from Canada...Ms Choy Lye Sim...hehe...
That evening...our lab also had a new year-cum-farewell dinner for Huiwen...at Xiaoling's place...wah...more yummy food...
Then after that..at home...we have the "sim"s...Lye Sim and Win Sim..and Yee Ling over at our place...just to drink and chat...
Lye Sim got really red after a little drink...that's a lot of acetaldehyde produced by her body...haha...not good!!

Anyway, the next day...there was the ultramarathon at MR...well...I totally forgot abt it...shld have noted it down on my PDA :P
Instead I had lunch with Angel...and her dad...hehe...she just got off work...and since she's on call...her dad came to pick her up ;)

That evening...went for countdown at grand plaza hotel...b4 that had dinner with kaizhen...with plenty of time to spare, I took the shuttle bus down to marina square and walked back to city hall...I was so against the human traffic flow...haha...everyone else is headed towards esplanade...no way I'm gg there...I hate crowds...hmm...think I have mentioned that b4 :P

After counting down, we just continued to hang ard...while I played with helium balloons...haha...I really talk like a cartoon after inhaling helium :D
Now I feel like dismantling the helium tank attached to the mass spec machine...and make more helium balloons....Sek Eng will sure kill me if i do that ;)

Oh and finally, yesterday we had a surprise b'day celebration for Feei...with her "friend" ard...hmm...interesting how come this "friend" (yup...just a fren) of hers always get to spend all those special times with her...haha

That's how I spent my x'mas and new year....

So now it's back to work....synthesis, synthesis, synthesis!!
When can I use the mass spec?? I need to confirm my compound b4 I make more of it!!

No comments: