Sunday, April 22, 2007

I'm in Amsterdam!!

I'm in Amsterdam...been here since Thur morning!!

Left Singapore on Wed nite...and arrived in Amsterdam on Thur 5am!!

On Tue...the day b4 I was supposed to leave, I had a cold!! Was sneezing away in the lab and having a headache...but with my various supplements and the yummy g3 drink...I felt very perfectly fine on Wed...haha...so started packing that day :P
I'm totally not prepared for this trip...haha

When we (Ana, Peiling, Hanyi and I) arrived in Amsterdam...we started figuring out how to get to our hostel...it was still early after all...no need to rush...won't get to check in yet :P
Met an Indian guy instead...he saw us carrying the poster...apparently he took the same flight as us...he flew in from Australia and transferred to our flight...

We went to Keukenhof on Wed where we saw plenty plenty plenty of tulips of various colors...it was soooooo colorful...sooooo beautiful!! But I'm a lousy photographer...so dun think the photos I took turned out that great :P

Thur was spent at the pre-satellite congress...at Vrije University...as usual Asian tend to get together whenever we r in a International event like this...esp since we r the minorities ;)
We had ppl from Indonesia, Thailand, Vietnam, India, China...many studying in Europe...interestingly I have yet to meet anyone from S'pore or M'sia in the pre-satellite congress :P

Today...after sleeping thru the keynote speakers' talks...Ana and I followed a free tour in Amsterdam...it's up to us how much we wanna tip the tour guide...
It was a pretty interesting tour...the tour guide was, Per, from UK...his background was in Architecture...but his full time job now is a tour guide...hehe...he found it more fun ;) Anyway, he's pretty good at it now...very humourous ;)

Now it's time to go zzzz....oh ya...Oyster is in Amsterdam already too...with his Pearl...hehe...hope to see him tom!!

1 comment:

kops21 said...

wei...how come no bring littletigger along!!!!!! Ugggh...!!!!