Sunday, July 16, 2006

Shape run!!!

Yeah...I went for the Shape Run...even though my registration was unsuccessful :P

Wanted to crash the race...but Brokie's fren who signed up couldn't make it...so I decided to use her tag to run :D So she now has a cert with my timing on it...wahaha...can't rem wat's my exact timing...but it's ard 1:05...hehe...slacker....

Anyway, the day started off with kops21 giving me a lift...he hijacked me at CTE...near St Wilfred sports complex...hehe...thanx, kops :D
Kops was there to accompany his sis to run...hehe...Shape run is for ladies only in case u dunno :P

First person I met there was JerryWan from trifam...just out from the car park...haha...another guy...don't they know it's a ladies' event??!! haha :P

Then we went to say hi to the other Sgrunners who r gathered at our usual teh tarik place...left my stuff with them too :D
Found out that the mods planned to wear uniform color...yellow top and black bottom...and just nice I was wearing that...haha...xin ling xiang tong :D
After some photos...we proceeded to the starting pt...
There was actually a warm up session there!!! Everybody was crowded together...how to do stretching there?!?! Such a weird event...

Saw a few other frens there...like sxuanjing, angel and cupid...Vicky was there too...she's definitely a potential podium finisher ;)

Started the race at 8am...
This race is really small...I could actually see the end of the pack during the run...and I was quite near the front initially...

Anyway, sxuanjing and I ran together through out the race...we started off with Brokie...but obviously we r not gg to keep up with this chilli padi...hehe...anyway, both of us are using someone else's no. tag :P

I have not run for soooooo long...but I'm always a bit screwed up in the head...that's y I still went on joining the 10km run :P
We started off slow...with my heart rate below 150...getting overtaken left and right....slowly moved up after 1km...then ard 3km mark...we kinda stop 'cos we saw this gal who fell and sprained her ankle...hmm...but no medic seem to be ard...then another gal also got injured within a few meters of her...injury prone zone?? Din do much...just advice her to rest the ankle and keep it elevated until help comes....
Later a policeman came by to help out...so we left and continued with our run...

Nothing much happened after that...just post for plenty of cameras..hehe...some fren's, some organizer's....also saw a few other frens...like Merey, San San and Ching Hui from SSC...ah...Merey and San San are back...team Chelonia can meet up again soon ;)

After 1 hr 5 mins...we r back at the finishing line...so our run was abt 1:02 (we stopped ard 3 mins at the 3km mark according to my HRM :P)...someone will sure say I slack one :P
Anyway, it was a pretty comfortable pace...able to chat with sxuanjing throughout...so guess I'll do the same in next Sun's president challenge health relay...supposed to cover 10km in 1 hr :D
I'm joining the Singhealth team...just found out run3 is also in that team...yippee...someone I can chat with during the run!!! I thick-skinned...go and email organizer to ask them whether I can join any team...hehe...that's how I ended up with Singhealth ;)

After hanging ard finishing pt...eating kiwi fruits and taking photos...we walked back to our teh tarik gathering place to get our stuff...hehe...and take more photos...then headed towards Marina Square to collect goodie bags...super long queue man!!!
Ended up in the foodcourt first...after that...I decided to head home...
Was back late yesterday 'cos of some problem with the POS system...and I was up and out since 8am!!!

Time for a nap now...yawnzz...

No comments: