Monday, July 24, 2006

Weddings and President's Challenge Health Relay

Haven't been posting much 'cos it's been always the same old thing...work work work...busy busy busy...

I did have 2 weddings to attend though...one of them is a ROM reception of certain IWA oyster...oops...but I had something on...wanted to go later...but all the soulezian have left to have supper at Kovan...din really know the other ppl that were still at oyster's place...so I ended up at Kovan instead :P
Sorry, Oyster...I'll make sure I'll be there for ur wedding ;)

The other wedding was that of my fellow JC classmate cum hostelmate...Vania...met up with quite a no. of Indon frens from CJC Hostel or NJ...Sari, Albert, Silvia, Liliana, Dedy (not exactly from CJCH or NJ...knew him from tennis)...Liliana stays in the same apartment as me..hehe...din know she was gg too...haven't met her in the lift for quite a while...she's moving out soon though...
Also met some Indon frens from KR??!! Ah...those are the groom's frens...Felicia, Heri...can't rem who else...
It was a really beautiful wedding...glad to have attended it...thanx for inviting me, Vania :D

Sun...I went for the President's Challenge Health Relay...the relay started on Sat morning and ends on Sun morning...it covers 185km (SGH is 185 years old this year ;P)...various healthcare institutions will form teams of 6 ppl...and each team will run abt 10 km...
Luckily the team I joined..Singhealth..is running the last leg...so we dun have to run in the middle of the hot sun...or in the middle of the night ;)
Our leg was from Heng Mui Keng Terrace to Seah Im...
We r supposed to start at 7am...but we started a bit earlier...abt 6.45am...we r also supposed to run at abt 6km/hr...but think we did something like 10km/hr...ended up hanging ard Morse Rd for close to half an hour...
After that we continued our run to Seah Im...where the baton was passed on to the Minister of Health, Mr Khaw Boon Wan...and we continued our journey to the National Dental Center...where the President was waiting for us...hehe :D
Had a cool down session and some performance there...

Overall it was a pretty good workout...my last run b4 I embark on the crazy full marathon at the Penang International Bridge Run...hehe ;)

Penang...here I come!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Use more sunblock!! Thot u cld escape in Penang! Hehehe

penguin said...

oh man...u mean u won't leave me alone even if i'm in penang??!!
anyway, i did use sunblock...but i was running in the dark for 3 hrs :P