Sunday, August 27, 2006

Army Half Marathon

My 2nd time participating in this race...and my first incompleted race :P

Oh well...better give up one race for many more to come rite?

Anyway, as usual...had to wake up super early...abt 4am...had a quick bfast, then was off to CTE...kops21 got there b4 me!! oops...thanx for waiting ;)

Got to the carpark by the Bible House at almost 5am...
After we got ready...we walked towards the starting pt...I stopped by Parkroyal for a toilet break..lost kops21 and Francis after that :P

At the baggage deposit area...I saw Jayce, Elaine, Evan and a few other frens of theirs...then as I walked towards the bridge...I saw Balasing and flip...I think...

After we got onto the bridge...suddenly a whole grp of sgrunners appeared..wah...dunno where they come from...anyway, they also disappeared quite as fast...as we walked towards the starting line...I only see renoh and ripley nearby...wonder where have the rest gone...I'm sure ppl like brokie, our chilli padi, was right in front...in her sexy running attire...hehe...

At 5.30am...we were flagged off...I decided to run slowly..as usual..at a comfortable heart rate...
Since I was pretty near the starting line when we started...I was overtook quite a lot :P
I rem seeing Taz, Mythos, Jennifer, run3, and few others who kinda stared at me when they run pass...must be 'cos I was wearing the sgrunners singlet...hehe :P
The rest must have been too far in front...
Elaine and Jayce also run pass me and whacked my cap...I'll pull their hair next time I see them :P

Anyway, as I approached ECP...the side of my right knee started aching a bit...as I slowed down to a walk...the pain kinda disappeared...then as I continued running...the pain came back...so I slowed down again...then run again...after I u-turned back and passed the 9km mark...I decided it's time to stop and ice my knee...

Went to the medic tent at Fort Rd...got "check-in" and was given a piece of cold pack...then the doc came by to check out wat happened...
After that, I hanged ard there as a couple of other gals, a sec sch gal and another one who works with OSIM, came in...
Then a couple of counsellors came by to chat with us...wow...so cool...
Apparently there're quite a number of ladies in the army too :D just like ripley...

Later on...this gal, Harmony, from Brewerkz, came in...apparently she's been walking and hobbling for a few km...b4 someone finally stopped her and brought her here...she was still thinking of continuing the race even though she can barely walk!!!
We finally convinced her to give up this race...there'll be many more to come...esp since she's still pretty young...

At abt 8 plus...we were ferried back to the ending pt...where I found the sgrunners...but not kops21!!! My stuff are still in his car...luckily brokie had her phone with her and she has his no...met him back at his car...
Since he was gg back...decided to take a lift from him...esp since the sky has turned pretty dark!!


A photo b4 I left...

Got back in time just b4 it started pouring at my place...
Took a shower, iced my knee again...b4 Feei and I went out for bfast...

After that, I slept pretty much the whole afternoon!!! slept a couple of hours...wake up...sleep again...wake up...housemates came back from "S'pore-M'sia badminton match"...sleep again...felt like a pig...haha...must be the Atarax I took for the rashes all over my arm...yawnz...

Guess I'll just be swimming for the next few weeks :D Shall skip the tennis training too :P

Anyway, congrats to Brokie and TeeLee for coming in top 20 for their category!!

7 comments:

kops21 said...

survive to run on another day.

take care of ur knee.

penguin said...

thanx, tigger :D

Muggs said...

live to PB another race!

Take care of your knees.. don't be like tigger and balasing

Anonymous said...

Sorry didn't reply your msg .. take care and go for shorter runs next time .. hehehe

penguin said...

thanx, bala :D

There's still that ironman I have to keep my knee for :D

tigpig: shorter runs ah? is 10km short enough?

Muggs said...

yeah.. i'm saving my knee for my ironman too..

Renohtaram said...

yep, rest your knee pls! lots of ice would help :)

(and guess what...right now, the word I need to verify before I can post on your blog is "INUMB")