Sunday, October 01, 2006

Interesting weekend?

I think this must be one of the more interesting weekends I had for many many week liao :P

Yesterday...after I had lunch...or rather brunch..went to dreamergal's place for board games...hehe...
On the way there...while I was changing bus at one of the bus stop...saw this young boy with the mum massaging his head...found out that he had knock his head on the bollard 'cos some big guy was running to catch the bus which the boy just alighted from...that guy banged into him and somehow the boy knocked his head...ouch!!!
In the end the mum insisted on that guy gg along with them to see the doc...so much for rushing to catch the bus...that guy has just wasted more time :P

Anyway, when I was near dreamergal's place...I saw this red car with an arm each swinging from both front seat windows...hmm...squid tentacles? hehe...yeah..it's sotong and mrs sotong...
We got to dreamergal's place in time just b4 it started pouring...

Well the rest were not so lucky...renoh had to run in just b4 it poured really heavily...then charlotte, daisiki and roonz came in a cab...

Tiwazz, TLR, Fd, Ripley and Philip came later...hmm...I din even see Philip since I had to leave early...

Anyway, we had loads of fun playing all sorts of games...together with dreamergal's many siblings :D
Started of with Billionaire, then Taboo and finally Pictionary b4 I left...after that they continued playing more games...including Jenga and some "banana" game suggested by...who else...sotong lah :P

Had to leave early 'cos I was working at HBF...

Nothing much happened there except kena scolded by some uncle who wanted to buy 3 strips of lomotil...
I just casually asked him how come he needed so many...'cos usually most ppl just buy 1...and usually a few tablets is more than enough for a case of diarrhea...unless u just wanna get constipated :P
Besides, lomotil can be abused...
Well this uncle not happy...apparently I have asked him the same question b4 and he refused to answer me previously too...
But the last time I worked at HBF was moons ago!!! why so "lucky" kena him again...
so he claimed I dun wanna sell to him and said he wants to complain...hmm...I dun really care leh...but I do care if I'm selling any medication to someone who might be abusing it...
In the end he got the lomotil from elsewhere and came back to show me, make noise and tell me he's gg to complain...ya..watever lah :P

Well...tat evening...I met up for dinner with a fren...hmm...she has an interesting story to tell me...apparently some idiot has been bugging her...and that idiot seem to know me too...though I dun even know him!!!

That's my Sat...

Today...I woke up early to go back to the lab...my cells have not been growing as fast as I would like them too...dunno wat's wrong also...maybe something not quite right with my media? At least it's not killing my cells ;)
Oh...when I talk abt "my cells"...I meant the IMR-90 fibroblast cells I'm growing in a flask :P
These cells are inherently slow growing since it's normal cells...not the usual cancerous cells that are more commonly used...and definitely grow a lot faster!!

Anyway, today the cells have finally grown confluently...finally could seed 2 plates from one flask and subculture the other flask...
It's quite peaceful working in the lab on a Sunday morning...not so recommended to work alone if I'm doing synthesis...but cell assay...not so bad lah hor?

After that...I had to rush off to the courts...hehe...got interclub doubles...that's part of the reason why I went back to the lab...I've travelled all the way to NUS after all ;)
Gloria partnered Pauline, Yunwen and Sherene...then I'm with Mich...
Mich and I were so lethargic throughout the game man...sunday morning tennis matches are not good...but since I can't make it for sat matches...I'm playing most of the sundays instead...maybe I need a younger, more energetic partner...hehe...
Mich and I were committing suicide all the way...so our score ended up with 6-0, 6-0...and we din even reach deuce for any game!!! Hehe..ya...it's that bad :P
We also realized we din sweat much throughout the game...when we decided to hit after the game...and found ourselves sweating away...hehe...we were really not warmed up for the game man!!!

We played against NUSS...so after the game they tried to recruit us (the old ones :P)...heh...nothing new...they've been doing that since my undergrad years...hmm...that made me sound rather old :P

Anyway, after the match, I washed up and went down to Orchard to meet a couple of frens for lunch...2 fellow primary school mates!!! Hmm...I think our parents see each other a lot more than we have seen each other :P
After lunch, it's time to head home...

My back is kinda achy now...hmm...looks like I can't do with that lazy way of hitting where I bend forward and try to reach for the ball instead of running to it and hitting in a more upright position...hehe...signs of old age...oh well :P

So that's my more interesting weekend for u ;)

No comments: