Friday, October 13, 2006

Ironman inspiration!!

I have been inspired to do an Ironman race ever since I started participating in various marathon/biathlon/triathlon last year...esp when I see so many fellow triathletes who aim to be an Ironman!!!

Interestingly...even though I have been very active in sports since...err...primary school years?!! I played tennis competitively to a pretty high level and also represented school, college or hall in swimming/track etc...
Yet I have never thought that running 10km or more was an achievable target...

And now I have done various marathons, biathlons and triathlons!!! In fact, the more I participate, the more inspired I'm to go further!!

However, training for a triathlon is really really time consuming...wat more an Ironman??!!!
Not to mention a tribike is pretty expensive and not cheap to maintain too!!! Dun think I can do an Ironman with a mountain bike or a hybrid :P

Today I saw this clip on Youtube...it is really touching to see so much love of a father for his son...so much that they participated in so many marathon/triahtlon together!!! U really have to watch it and be inspired!!

It also inspires me further to do an Ironman...not just for myself...but for a charitable organization!!!

So now I have to work hard to find time and money to do an Ironman b4 I reach the veteran's category for ladies...hehe :P

More on team Hoyt here :D


2 comments:

Vorlacks said...

wow... he runs really fast even though he's pushing his son!

i'm amazed!

penguin said...

ya man!!!

dun u feel inspired?

btw, u back from china?