Thursday, October 26, 2006

Just another busy week

It's been busy busy busy again...so busy I can't really rem wat kept me busy :P

Let me see...I have been swimming at least once a week recently...other than that...it's just going to the lab...nothing interesting...

Sat I went to KL for a seminar...left super early in the morning...and came back super late at night...after a yummy dinner at a nyonya restaurant in Malacca...yummy!!!

Sun...even though I went to bed pretty late...still had to wake up early for an interclub tennis match in NUS...it was my longest game!!! 3hrs...3 sets...lost the first one...won the 2nd...then...lost the 3rd...sianz...I think our NUS ladies' team has yet to win a single match throughout this doubles league!!! excluding the walkover we got :P
Eunice and I got real close to winning one...but...sighz...that's kinda wat happen when u dun train...u regret it!!!

After the super long match...I got lift to Suntec for pharmacy week!!! Plenty of free health screening...including blood glucose, blood pressure, body fat analysis, bone density test...and, most importantly, ANTIOXIDANT scan!!!
Well...ur antioxidant score tells u how healthy u are...unlike the other "health" screening which only tell u wat disease condition u have or do not have...for example a normal blood glucose only tells u that u do not have diabetes :P

Whereas if ur antioxidant level is high...it means ur body is better protected against free radical attack...
Free radical attack can cause aging and cancer, and have also been proved to be associated to 200 over chronic diseases!!!

My antioxidant score is 53000 (optimal = 50000+)...wat's urs?


This week...back in school...except on Tue...'cos it Hari Raya!! Worked at TPY instead...
It flooded at the basement due to a burst pipe the night b4!!! Luckily by the time I got there...it was more or less cleared up...nothing interesting except I got so many calls from that irritating aunty again!!!

Wed I was planning to column of the crude compounds I synthesized a couple months back...hehe...jialat hor...leave it for sooooo long...
Instead I was busy editing a paper...that hopefully will be published on the Bioorganic and Medicinal Chemistry Letters soon...it finally came back after a long review...

Finally I managed to column my compound today...it was really fast using the Combiflash...looks quite clean...I think...hehe...Jianchao doesn't think so :P Oh well...it's just an intermediate...will do NMR on Mon and see how ;)
Had to do another cell culture assay to determine the IC50 of 2 compounds because blur me added the wrong compound in the last assay!!! Waste time and waste money man!!! So I seeded the cells today...tom add drug...next Mon add MTT ;)

After a mad rush...decided to join Wilson at the screening of "The Inconvinient Truth"...it's a documentary on global warming...narrated by former US Vice President Al Gore...hehe...last minute go gate crash :P

No comments: