Sunday, December 03, 2006

Carl Lewis was here!!

Wow...haven't posted for 2 weeks :P
Just realized that I have been so busy that I haven't really kept in contact with my IWA members too...well...we r all busy...IWA mah :P
Also haven't seen my twin, Vorlacks, online since he left for China...his last posting on his blog was one and a half month ago!!

Anyway, what has kept me so busy man???

Deadlines in school!!

Had a couple of presentation to prepare for last week...and also an assignment to hand in...

This week I was just busy trying to separate my compound...failed so many attempts liao!!! Still haven't separate it and I'm still not sure which spot on the TLC is the compound I want...can't really carry on with the next reaction like that!!

My compound is aromatic with an oxime grp...starting material was an aldehyde...and there's a 3rd spot on the TLC which I have no idea wat cpd it is...any idea how in the world I can separate this compound??!! they seem to be separable on TLC...but why can't I separate them using Combiflash or the self-packed column??!!


Check out my TLC plates :P

Oh well...will attempt again with a much smaller load...see if overloading is my problem :P

Anyway, it wasn't all work and no play for the past couple of weeks :P

Last sat we went to play boardgames at Cheryl's place again...I was there for a short while only...Sotong, Roonz and Bala were late...so me played Club Penguin with Eric first...hehe...Eric and Rachel are sooooo cute!!
After the rest arrived...we tried to get Rachel to play hide-and-seek...haha...but she dowan!!! We played Taboo instead...and had plenty of pop corn...yummy!!!

After that I go do facial as usual at Raffles Place...anyone wanna join me? I'm a bimbo there every sat :D

On Sun...went for the beep test by Philip...to check our VO2 max...hehe...the cd player sotong brought din work...so we played the CD from his car instead!!
We ran 20 meter back and forth, back and forth...at increasing pace according to the beep...until we finally can't make it!!

My heart rate when up to 200 beats/min after stage 9...abt 80 laps of 20 m...phew...so my VO2 max was 44.5...hmm...does that mean the measurement using my HRM is quite accurate...according to my HRM...my VO2 max is abt 45-46 :D

Then this past Fri...we had an early "Operation Ninja Ambush" at Cheryl's place...haha...it was her b'day!! Got a giant mumble for her...hehe...luckily I got a ride from sotong...otherwise mumble would have to take a ride on the bus with me :P


Here's a photo of giant Mumble with Tigger...hehe

Yesterday...we met Carl Lewis!!! Nike invited him here for the Vivocity Nike opening on Fri...and also a motivational talk for some athletes on sat...
Thanx to TLR..some of us managed to attend the talk...and I got an autograph from him and a photo with him...woohoo...


Got an autograph from Carl Lewis!!


A photo of Carl Lewis and I!!



Closed up photos of Carl Lewis

The thing he said that really caught my attention was abt his medals...after his 1984 olympics multiple win...someone asked him where he kept his medals, and he casually mentioned they r in storage...
Asked why...he said that the medals represents his past achievements...he doesn't need a reminder on that...he's only focused on what he can achieve in the future!!
This is truly a trait of a successful person we can really learn from...
Dun dwell on ur past achievements or failures...just look forward to what u can achieve in the future!!

Today I accompanied Cheryl for her first 10km run...err..or was it a walk...haha...we walked most of the way...pace was very consistent...abt 11-12 mins per 1km...well...the aim was to complete...not to compete...but we both ended at the finishing line extremely fresh after 1 hr 53 mins of walking and abt 400m of run...haha...


Cheryl after the run...still looking fresh huh?

Oh well...the goal was achieved...so it was all good :D
Next target for would be to complete in 1:30...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hehe..yah recently IWA very W-aholic

So how? You also have to look forward and btw, have you booked your flights to Amsterdam? Haha

I also just posted some photos of my trip in Milan. Very W-aholic. Today I totally slacked, never leave my house