Monday, June 20, 2005

Life as a locum pharmacist...

I have been working at Unity for almost a month now...and it's been great so far...not working much this 2 weeks though..

So what do I enjoy most working as a locum pharmacist at Unity?

1) Not much responsibility as I'm not the outlet manager...dun need to order medicine, prepare duty roster for the staff, count money etc etc etc. All I need to do is dispense medicine and be there to advise customers whenever necessary ;) Of course I'll try to help boost the outlet's sales as far as possible ;p

2) I get to explore Singapore...so far all the outlets I have worked at are places I have never been too!!! except RFC (Raffles City)...Now I can say I have been to...

i) WL8 (Woodlands 888...the very peaceful outlet),
ii) BMC (Bukit Merah Central...had lunch at the hawker center there once b4 but never knew there's an NTUC Fairprice there...wat more a NTUC pharmacy?),
iii) SPC (Singapore Post Center...the futuristic building that seems out of place),
iv) TSP (Thomson Plaza...I haven't been there before...met my long time lab partner, Ah Seng, working at Guardian), and finally
v) WCC (Woodlands Civic Center...had a hard time finding the pharmacy initially...ended up at the basement of the National Libary...oh man...luckily I was early...anyway, I found the NTUC Fairprice next to a carpark at the basement!!!...no wonder it's another peaceful outlet)

Soon I'll also get to visit...

i) GWC (Great World City...been there b4 lah...but looking for to meet Woei Lee for dinner since he's working there too...oh...and I'll be there on their CP day...first time I'm working on a CP day...hopefully it won't be too busy)
ii) BDK (Bedok...it's at Bedok North St 21)
iii) RMA (Rivervale Mall...wonder if it's a busy outlet...the pharmacist there seems to be sending out email to ask for things quite frequently)

3) They have broadband there...unlike some other pharmacies...hehe...I can actually surf the net for information...I'm not stuck with ref books only ;p ...if not, confirm die one...with all the weird questions customers ask...and of course, I get to surf net and check mail occasionally when I'm free!!!

And what I dislike about working as a locum at Unity...

1) Short lunch break...half an hour only??? Gotta eat nearby and eat fast...can't really meet frens or explore the place during lunch...

2) Not really working much...like last week...I only worked 3 days...this week is the same thing...not working much means not earning much...and on days I dun work...I prob end up spending money somewhere...like buying a $500 bike!!! Oh well...I'm gg start studying again soon...might as well enjoy all this free time ;)

So do u wanna be a locum pharmacist?

2 comments:

oysterix said...

Hahah...nice perspective...

U forgot to mention another good thing: Can call up fellow pharmacists and chit chat....hahaha...oops....

penguin said...

wah...dun announce that to the world lah...
just do it discreetly ;p