Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Chelonia - Day 1 (28 Sept) Arrival

Woke up early again at 6am after sleeping late the night b4... Siowfeei's fault lah... Decided to wear her dnd dress at midnight and parade ard... Haha ;p

Anyway, had to go to sch to do some work on the comp... used sybyl to work on the compounds I created yest... Then I also went down to the x-ray crystallography lab to search for crystal structures of my compounds... But guess wat I found? Nothing! There's not a single organic compound with phenyl bonded to indole! Oh man...
Anyway, I tried with other aromatic structures instead of indole... Took quite long to search... But still hardly any results...
Halfway through searching I went to collect my laptop... IBM thinkpad T43... Yay... So excited but no time to play with it :(

After collecting the laptop, went back to work... Discussed with prof go wat to do... Then it's time for me to leave! Otherwise i'm gg to be late to get to the airport!
Decided to take mrt 'cos it looked like it's gg to rain.. Not gg to make the same stupid mistake of getting stuck in a rainy day jam... Ended up getting lunch from harbourfront... Even went into sentosa to get my islander card.. Hehe ;p

Got home.. Shower, do laundry, eat lunch, check mail...alamak dr lear still haven't sent me my corrected lab report for the lab rotation at his lab...dun care liao...he said he'll make the necessary changes and help me hand it in ;p
Some last minute packing, hanged my laundry... Then it's time to go kovan to meet jacqueline...getting a ride from her fren, chris, to the airport :)

Got to the airport at almost 5 and met up with jasmine, ryal, siew kwan, san san, merey and little reef! Hang chong, swee yin, wilson and zul were late ;p
We took really long to check in man... we had so many things.. Even a fishing rod requested by a sri lankan...another one even requested for a fridge! WAT??!!! Siao ah.. Of course we din get the fridge lah ;p
After that, we went to ntuc to buy some food... Plenty of canned tuna and instant noodle... Hehe :D
Then it's time to go to the transit area... Mei2 waiting for me! we had a drink from coffeebean... Then it's almost time for me to board the plane... Bye, Mei2... Take care of tigger and frens, ya ;)

On the plane, we made so much noise... haha...always fun to travel in a grp... Reef was quite a good boy on the plane...hehe...apparently he's quite a frequent flyer for his age...
I sat with swee yin and siew kwan...wah..we damn funny...like collecting souvenirs on the plane...we took their disposable cups and utensils...haha...can use in sri lanka :p


On the plane...San San, Jas, Swee Yin, Siew Kwan and me!


Zul n Reef


On the plane I was watching this documentary on MRSA and antibiotic use..this guy went into pharmacies in Europe trying to buy antibiotic for a cold..sometimes he even specified it's viral and asked the pharmacist whether there's any pt to take antibiotic...yet the pharmacist sold the antibiotic, amoxicillin to him...that's in belgium and can't rem which other countries...xuanhao...wat can FIP do abt this?! Actually i'm not sure when was this filmed...
Anyway, there were some positive examples in Holland...must be 'cos FIP HQ is there..hehe...and Spain too..the pharmacist insisted on a prescription or they call it recipe...if I din hear wrongly ;p
And in an ER..I think holland...the nurse who attended this guy, spoke to some doc and adviced that guy to go home and rest first...and he shld get better..only if he doesn't get better, then he come back and maybe will be prescribed antibiotic :)

Anyway, we arrived at sri lanka at abt 9..had to take a shuttle bus to the arrival hall...went through custom etc...and found Eng Wan, Merey's husband who's based in Sri Lanka waiting for us ;D
Oh did I mentioned Reef suddenly fell asleep ard the time we landed...he was just wailing when we were landing! And he was totally unconscious after that!


At Colombo airport...


We took a long van ride from the airport to our hotel in colombo..Hotel Juliana...



We stayed 3 gals/4 guys to a room...I stayed with Jasmine and Swee Yin ;)
My bag took sometime to come 'cos the ppl on the other van din unload all our bags :p and the driver went for a drink! At least he locked the door ;)
After some waiting, we the driver was finally back...but guess wat? My bag was not in the van...I din check lah..Jacq said she saw 3 bags mah...but one was Merey's bag meant to be left in the van ;p
In the end...guess where I found my bag? The guys room! Wah..they din even say anything abt an extra unidentified bag...looks like all those advert on calling the police when u see an unidentified bag...din work...heh :p


Some snacks and toys we brought...hehe


Some of us had supper at the chinese restaurant downstairs...and it's time for bed...zzzzz

No comments: