Sunday, October 23, 2005

What's up lately?

What have I been doing lately...hmmm...

First day I got back from Sri Lanka...I just slept and attended a lecture...hehe *oink*

Then it was working, working and working....3 different type of work
Firstly, doing my lab rotation at Prof Go's lab...doing MTT assay...a bioassay to determine whether a drug is cytotoxic i.e. able to kill the cells or not...or even to determine whether the drug is antiproliferative i.e. able to stop cell growth...
Each assay needs 3 days to carry out...first day to seed the cells, second day to add the drug and third day to add MTT and analyse the result...I have done 3 so far...the last one definitely has horrible results...one plate shows exactly the oppposite result of the other...when both are supposed to be the same drug!!! oops...I suspect lousy seeding techniques...hehe

The other thing I have been busy with is the QSAR study of some potential anticancer drug...a isoprenylcysteine carboxyl methyltransferase (ICMT) inhibitor...sound chim huh? hehe...
Been sitting in front of the Linux OS comp a lot...trying to do ComFA and ComSIA...but first I have to understand all this QSAR thingy first...haha...we din get taught by Prof Go in our final year...otherwise she would have covered all this in the Med Chem module...damn...now have to read up myself...luckily got Kaizhen's note :D

Finally, my work as locum pharmacist...been working last Thur, Fri, Sat and this week Sat and Sun...worked at my usual places...HLC, HBF...and JRP..not exactly my usual :P
Next week working on Sat and Sun again...HLC and HBF on Sat...and a new place...MPR (Marine Parade)...on Sun...who's running at ECP next Sun?? I can go look for u b4 work...or u come look for me after ur run...hehe
Now, boss even ask me whether I can work on Christmas day...wat??!!! I know I dun usually celebrate Christmas lah...but so sad lah..work on Christmas day :P

Oh ya...and I have also been working on my assignment for the organic synthesis module...at least I'm doing something relevant to the ICMT inhibitor that I'm already working on :D
Just finished the slides few days ago...now preparing for the presentation on Tue...modifying the slides somemore :P

So it sounds like work, work, work and work only...no exercise?
Got lah...last Sat...after work at HLC, rushed down to S'pore Swimming Club for interclub doubles match...played under the hot sun for more than 2 hrs...see lah...go and win the first set, then lose second set...so have to play rubber set...and lose the match :P
All that sun, not good for my mosquito bitten skin man...but...oh well...

Then Tue...I went for tennis training again...
Yesterday, I went for Unity's nature walk at Bukit Batok Nature Park...
That's all the exercise I had since I came back from Sri Lanka...hehe :P

Dun think I'll be swimming yet...until I stop itching and scratching away...hehe...all the chlorine in the pool tend to make my skin dry and itchy...very bad!!!
Running leh...I lazy lah...cycling...hmm...no time....EXCUSES!! Haha :P

Last Sun, team Chelonia met up again....to consolidate photos and settle some stuff...hehe...we had lunch at Marche...Reef was there!! hehe...kept bringing us to see the tiger prawns and fish in the tank...he even said bye to the prawns and fish!! And one prawn jumped out of the tank...haha...gave him a shock...he was so cute...we just kept laughing and laughing!!!
Our meeting was at Wilson's bus...the double decker at the Youth Park...it suddenly rained heavily when we were walking to the bus...got wet a bit...luckily Jacq brought an umbrella :D
The bus is really cool...it's Wilson's home...he stays there most of the time...so anytime we r in Orchard...can go visit him...haha ;)

Oh ya...and Thur I went for reef walk training at Labrador Park...haven't been for reef walk for a long long time...always either working or participating in some race :P
Anyway, we saw a small octopus...so cute...a nudibranch...also so cute...a scorpion fish...besides plenty of crabs, snails, anemones, corals, seaweeds, seagrass....and heard lotsa snapping shrimps...din see many though...

That's all that happened since I came back from Sri Lanka...work, work, work, work...play tennis, meeting up with the team again, reef walk and nature walk are my highlights :D

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

penguin,

25 dec MR ultra mara...coming?
HCL n HBF on sat har...
where is HCL....wanna us to "kar jiao" u....:D

sun VM training too...u r welcome to poke fun at us...brokie is coming too :)

take care...dun over stress hor

penguin said...

25 dec? my boss asking me to work leh...hehe...
HLC is hougang mall..working from 9am-2pm
HBF is harbourfront..working from 3pm-9.30pm
so when u coming to kacau?

Sun...jio more ppl lah...i wanna go laugh leh...haha :P