Saturday, March 18, 2006

Wat's up this week?

Hmm...so wat have I done since my last post?

Been really busy I guess...

Last weekend was the spent mostly in school...
Sat morning was the open house...
Sun morning spent some time in the lab and also go impersonate a potential undergraduate at the open house...haha...collected some cute collar pins from the various department in Science...hehehehe
Then I went for lecture in the afternoon...


Check out the collar pins...cute hor...

Mon to Fri was spent in the lab again from 7 to at least 7...synthesizing, then doing work-ups and analyzing the products...except Tue since I had TA duty...

Hmmm...still got one more crude product to column out...I hate doing columns...hopefully this one will separate out very well....it shld...from wat I see on the TLC...one nice spot in the center with rubbish at the solvent front and baseline :D *keeping my fingers crossed*

Evenings...
Mon and Wed is life-saving day...
Tue is work at GWC day...went to donate blood b4 that...so end up at the pharmacy really early!!
Thur is rest day...
Fri went for some post open house dinner at UCC...and had a hair cut...hehe...again...


Mini-me with me...see the freshly cut hair...


In case u r wondering why that tigger is called Mini-me...

So I have been to school everyday since 5 March...

Finally a break from school today!!!

Ran to TPY in the morning...took some detour to make up to abt 5km...then swam for an hour...which turned out to be 2.7km or slightly more...if u include all the "siam"-ing of kids that were practically filling up the whole pool!!!
Kinda felt like in a biathlon where there are many hands and legs blocking ur way...except that I can see better this time...
Then met up with a fren (who used to be my boss?) for bfast...and tog we went to entertain another fren at the pharmacy (TP3)...haha :P

Then got back...had lunch...and work at GWC...

I'm sure my WA chairman, Mr Oyster would be very proud with wat I have accomplished this week...rite rite?
Btw, this WA is not a support grp...it's to encourage workaholism...anyone care to join us?

Tomorrow I'm gg back to school again...finish up the column...and hopefully do some analysis using mass spec...

Next week I shall take a break from synthetic work...just analyze watever has been left behind...then gotta prepare for the presentation for my ang mo supervisor...luckily he's not a chemist...otherwise I'm gg to have a headache reading up on the mechanism of my reactions...which I'm sure I'll need to know very well for my PhD conversion exam... *sweat*
I'll have 2 TA duty next week...which means I'll probably skip school only 1 or 2 days to do my work at home...sighz...

I really gotta do less synthesis for a while man...spend more time preparing for presentations and tests...

OMG...this workaholism has gotten really bad...

3 comments:

oysterix said...

Haha WA is not about supporting, its also not about encouragement, WA is about being anonymous...hee

But good job there. Keep it up. Work harder.

kops21 said...

not using tigger aka mini-me

penguin said...

oyster: ohhhh...so that's wat the A in WA is for...always thought it's association or something like that...
oops...so I just blew our cover?