Friday, March 31, 2006

High on work

I get high easily lately...wahahahaha...now I'm high on work...woohooo!!!

Guess u would figure I have just been working a lot lately...

After a week free from synthesis...I'm now back to the bench...smelling all kinds of solvent...got ethanol, toluene, methanol, butanol, tetrahydrofuran, benzene, ethyl acetate (EA), hexane, dichloromethane, chloroform...woohoo...

Had to continue with my synthesis after meeting up with my other supervisor, Dr Casey...now instead of making something like 20 or so compounds at the same time...I'll just synthesize 3-4 compounds first (from step 1 to step 3)...get them tested in Duke University...then see how...
My bosses wanna get another grant for my project by May...so suddenly they are rushing me to get at least a couple of compounds tested first....*stress*

At least I'm now the only person doing synthesis in the lab...no more honours/final year students...other postgrads are fighting for space in the clean room to do their bioassay...wahahahah :P

Besides doing synthesis...I also gotta do that QSAR study...i.e. play with the molecular modelling software again...
Finally got more compounds from Dr Casey...but...errr...dunno how useful are they man...seriously doubt it'll improve my previous study...inactive compounds still dun have exact values of their activity...so only got less than 50 fold diff in activity...
I need at least 100 fold or 2 log scale difference...actually preferably 4 to 5 log scale!!!! Oh well...

To make life more exciting...or more WA-friendly...I also have presentations to prepare for...finally got the dates...one on 8th Apr...the other on 19th Apr...most likely will present on the same thing...hehe...
Topic: Microwave Assisted Synthesis in Med Chem...now u not only cook using a microwave...u can make drugs too :D

...and then there are tests...one on 18th Apr...the other on 25th Apr...
Still got that PhD conversion exam too...dunno when's that yet...hopefully next month?

Woohoo...I'll be gg really mad soon....

Oh...I figured life's not exciting enough with all those work in school...so I worked at the pharmacy too...on Tue (TSP) and today (HBF)...

Since WA advocates working hard and playing hard...

So I did meet up for dinner...with Howard (aka the boy) n his Cupid...hehe...and Mei2...and err...Mei May...wahaha...they are sisters...with the same name!!! Soo Mei Mei and Soo Mei May...how confusing can it get...
It was really fun having dinner with them though...wahaha...we kinda "terrorized" (for lack of a better word) the waiters...Ivan, Jonathan and Chris...wahahaha...as though we know them real well...

Today supposed to have party for Mei2 who's moving out her stuff today...hmm...but I'm at work...dunno whether she'll still be ard when I get back...we can go KSP (that happening karaoke place just opposite our place we have to go to b4 Mei2 leaves) together!!! Woohoo...
Mei2 n sis will be moving to Sengkang...so we'll still be in the "NE line inner circle"...wahahah..

...and then I will be playing tennis tomorrow...sianz..
It's that match that was postponed from last Sat due to rain...

Then I'll go back to school try out another synthesis...I think...or shld I just stay home and prepare for presentations and tests...or shld I go for the swimming training for the charity swim...anyway....

I work, U work, We work, All work!!! Yippee...Wahahaha...

No comments: