Sunday, August 28, 2005

New Balance Real Run

Woke up early again today!!
Always wake up earlier on weekends because of all this activities unrelated with my studies or work...hehe...dun dare to tell my supervisor abt all this liao...later she won't let me go Sri Lanka for the YEP trip...let's hope she doesn't read my blog :P

Got a ride from TLR to Sentosa...together with Philip, Taz and Fd :D
When we got to Sentosa at abt 7.05am...the Visitor Center carpark was full liao...but some ingenious guy decided to start their own parking lots in the center of the carpark...so we joined them...hehe ;)
Met up with many other runners (Carine, Balasing, Alvo, Meteor, Renohtaram etc etc) who just arrived or wanted to "tumpang" their bags in TLR's car ...then we went over to Cinemania to wait for the start of the race...many more runners came to join us...wah...so many ppl...can't rem who was there liao...a long long list...

When it was abt 8.20am we started moving towards the starting line...the first horn was for the Junior event...at abt 8.45am...the second horn sounded...but I was not right in front...so walked a bit first b4 I could start running...

kops21 was supposed to be the last man...but after 1km or so...while we were gg up the slope towards the satellite station...he couldn't help but overtake me...wah..kops21...u bluff me...say u gg to walk the first km :P So I just run and run...getting overtake a lot..but occasionally I also overtake others :D
I tend to get overtake a lot when I go downhill...I hate downhill slopes...tend to slow down while others are speeding up...oops...

Got to the end of Tanjong Beach (is it the 4.5km mark?) at abt 24 mins I think...just rem still on track to finish the race in 1 hour...then it was the sand...super trampled on already!!! Oh well...just run the best that I can...dun care ;)

By the time I finished the sandy leg...ard the 7km mark...it was abt 42 mins into the race...gotta run fast to finish within one hour!!! At least no more sand :D
So I just ran and ran and ran through the trail section...and finally I was arriving at the finishing line....saw the clock...it was 59 mins 40 plus seconds...sprinted until I was almost at the finishing line...stopped under the clock at 59:59...then crossed it at 1:00:00...haha...so boliao...just had to cross it at exactly one hour...but I think my chip time shld be shorter...since I crossed the starting line later?

After the race, met a few Kentridgean...Godwin (saw him earlier while running up the slope towards the beach), Gabriel Tay, Chang Ching and Valerie??!! (she's not running lah...she's with Sportsmag now...hanging ard to interview ppl for her magazine...so introduced her to TLR to promote Sgrunners ;D) Oh ya...I saw Chee See somewhere during the race too but she din see me I guess...Huiyao was with New Balance...saw him before the race but not after...

The sgrunners had a photo taken...then were about to leave at the carpark...when suddenly Alvo came to tell Carine she has gotten 13th position...can go collect her medal ;) CONGRATS CARINE :D


Behind banner: (from left) DreamRunner, yojanjan, Menmoch, renohtaram, kops21, Cyberkinetic, DO, Meteor, Carine, Alvo, balasing aka muggs, Philip (behind mugg), Taz, Skyvers1810, deathscythe99, BrokenRunner, BrokenRunner's sis, ?not sure
In front of banner: (from left) TLR, Fd, me (penguin), tiwazz, Jess, Kay

Can someone help me fill up the those that I'm not sure...correct me if I got anyone's name wrong? Do I need to put Charlier Brown on the picture...hehe?


After that, I left for Suntec to check out some Salomon stuff...bought lunch and dinner...then headed home...some of the Sgrunners had breakfast/lunch together...I gotta come back and study!! Din study much yesterday :(

Till the next race coming weekend...NB aquathlon...then Mizuno Wave Run...

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

penguin,

dat ingenious guy dat started parking in the centre was my buddy fren who tumpang me there...

:)

Muggs said...

any good buys at Salomon? I'm looking for a pair of trail shoes

penguin said...

tiwazz: oh...haha...now i know who started it...smart guy :)

penguin said...

muggs: nothing special...just that my fren's fren had this 50% voucher...so we tumpang him ;)
btw, if u want to "charlie brown" ur head...edit the group photo then pass to me...i change the photo on my blog...hehe ;)

Anonymous said...

Skyvers here!!

I am the guy beside brokenrunner. Wearing the yellow Asics singlet:)

See ya around in future runs!!

kops21 said...

deathscythe99 is the guy in white standing right side of brokenrunner. Between Brokenrunner and skyvers

btw, i am still the last man from the start...;)

The DreamRunner said...

cool, Penguin

u got almost everyone identified in that group photo...

Thanks.

Your timing must be the most 'accurate' amongst all the 3000+ runners - 'exactly 1hr mah'. Shld have special prize for that.

Dream

penguin said...

thanx, kops21...

ok so u r only last man at the starting line...but not at the finishing line?

penguin said...

dreamrunner: i dun think my actual timing is 1:00:00 lah...if only i started just behind the starting line...hehe...

Anonymous said...

who is the one behind broken runner's sister? He's in white..

-carine

penguin said...

carine: dunno leh...shall try to ask the rest :)