Friday, August 05, 2005

Swim, movie, cycle

That's my highlight for the past 3 days...hehe

Wednesday I went to swim after all the boring *yawnz* talks at NUS...some introductory and motivational crap...part of my orientation program for this week...haiz...
The swim was at Farrer Park Swimming Complex...the COMcurrent Swim...everyone can swim as long as they like...from 3 to 10pm...while someone...oops..can't remember who...is swimming across the icy cold English Channel *brrrrr*
Got free mee siam and milo after the swim...hee :D
I swam 2.5km for that :)

Thursday...no workout day...I have been exercising a lot lately...almost everyday...gotta cut down soon...can't afford to spend so much time like that :( My supervisor said I'm doing all the wrong things when she asked me "what have u been doing lately" and I said "swim and run"...I think she wanted an answer like..."oh..I have been reading up a lot on med chem stuff" *nerd*
Anyway, thurs' talk was more relevant...safety talks...general overview on handling chemicals and stuff like that...wow...the chemistry labs are really messy!!! luckily the pharmacy dept's chem lab is in much better condition :)
In the evening I went to Great World to watch "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory"...hee...very nice show...but I was so tired...kept yawning away *oops*
I have never read the book before...but it's very easy to follow the movie...unlike Harry Potter where u can get quite lost!!! But I can't wait to watch Harry Potter...yes...I'm a Harry Potter fan....finished reading the 6th book :)
Why does J.K Rowling always have to make ppl I like die in such an "un-glam" way :(

Today...I cycled to NUS (17.4km via Bukit Timah and Clementi Rd)...wah...luckily I cycled...think I got to NUS faster than by bus...there's such a massive traffic jam at Clementi Rd...wonder is it like this all the time at ard 8.45am?? I got to NUS in 50 mins...usually without jam, it's a 40 min bus ride...
Today's talk is on First Aid and Fire Safety Awareness...the first aid talk is a good refresher for me...haven't practice any first aid since I got my cert a year ago...well, it's good news when there's no need for first aid rite?
After that, I cycled to ECP for Unity's naturewalk...then home...clocked a total distance of 60k!!! Shack now...

Shall do some work...then shall sleep early today :)
Tomorrow is Rag Day in NUS :D
...and I gotta work in the evening at Bukit Panjang...busy busy day...

6 comments:

oysterix said...

Hehe..not bad, u can actually tell prof go that you have been jus running and swimming....tsk tsk...all the wrong things ...haha

Yes, u seem to have been running and swimming a lot! haha....so when are u making that run to the Hague? :)

penguin said...

haha...asking for trouble huh? well..next time i shall think thru before i answer her questions...hehe

run to the Hague ah? haven't tried cycling yet...the other time got stuck in beijing...gotta try cycle there b4 i attempt on a super ultramarathon to the Hague :P

Fd said...

wow penguin! r u machine operated?!! how cud u hav the energy to do all those?!! ehehhehe

penguin said...

Fd: I battery operated one...that's y need 8 hrs sleep every night to recharge ;)

oysterix said...

Yup, let's try the cycling route first.

Did you forget to turn left again at Beijing? :)

Yah, penguin is USB-enabled too, just plug into the laptop...

penguin said...

Oysterix: ya lor...got to beijing..it was so jammed up there...then i got lost...turned right...got more lost!!! so decided to head south...luckily found my way back :D