Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Wat happend since 23 Oct (Sun)?

Last last Sun (23 Oct) after working at HBF...with Esther...hehe...she was working at Guardian...we had lunch together...then in the evening...we went for the PSS Centennial Dinner at Meritus Mandarin...separately...since she worked til 7pm while I only worked til 6pm...

Dinner was great...met up with my ex-colleague from SGH..."aunties" of SP73...hehe...we are all "aunties" in 73...aunty seok khoon, aunty ting ting (most suitable to be called aunty since she's the only one married among us :P), aunty wendy...who wasn't at the dinner 'cos she lost her voice...so sad :(...and many many more...some from other sections too like Soo Boon, Shyam, Kar Wai, and even Mun Moon :D

Unity also had one table...mainly made up of ppl from head office...like my boss, Wui Lee, Loo Yian, York Hun, Hue Kian etc etc...

I sat with my classmates...Shunyan, Pei San, Angel, Lynette, Pui Ching, Weiren, Woei Lee and Yee Heng...whom I'll see in school again soon ;)

Check out some photos I took...here

I look really really chao ta in most of the photos...esp this one...taken with Esther and Kaizhen...fellow KentRidgean!!!


Oh ya...I also met Doris there...long time no see man!!! Always had a lot of fun working with her when I was at retail and later outpatient in SGH :D Now she's at Outram Polyclinic...having good life huh? Hehe

Anyway, the rest of the week was mainly busy in school...
Doing the same few things...
1) MTT assay...did another 2...results were much better than the previous weeks one :D Better seeding techniques liao :)
2) Prepared for my CM5221 assignment presentation...just to find out on Mon nite...that the presentation has been postponed from Tue to either Thur/Fri..up to us which one we prefer...damn...oh well...
3) Finished up my CoMSIA...so that can prepare to present the results to my other supervisor, Dr Patrick J Casey...

I also went for a run with the Westside Sgrunners on Wed...miscomm a bit with Kops21...so they left without me :(...but luckliy Ironmandreamer came along and we ran together...till we met up with the rest then we turned back with them...most of them ran abt 12km...but Ironmandreamer and I ran abt 6km :D That's quite a lot for a slacker like me...who haven't run since...err...AHM!!!

Then Thur...went for tennis training...hit for an hour or so...quite fun...I seem to be happy running ard w/o getting too tired when I play tennis...wonder why...

Sat and Sun was all abt work :P
Worked from 9am to 9.30pm on Sat...at two places...HLC and HBF...nowadays I bring my laptop along...got quite a bit of work done...hehe...'cos the customers come in a swarm and leave as a swarm...I can get really really busy with 3-4 customers queueing up waiting for me...then after that, I'll cho bo for a while...this happened so many times and at both HLC and HBF...
Most jialat one was when I had this 3 foreign customers coming for export sales at the same time...only one of them was taking a ship that was leaving soon...the other 2 was supposed to fly off the next day...why all come together and stress me out like that? Somemore one of them was a Russian whom I had a bit of difficulty communicating with and her case was a bit problematic...oh man...*stressed*

Sun at MPR was much better...not so many swarms...hehe...only had lotsa parents coming to buy thermometer for their children...hehe...'cos the kids were asked to bring thermometer to school the next day :P

Mon...went to school pretty late...just to show face and confirm with Prof Go wat she wants me to present to Dr Casey...something abt CoMFA/CoMSIA...
Went for swimming training again...after a super long disappearance from the pool...not bad...swam 600m (warm up) + 8x100m (at 2 mins each...which I couldn't really follow :P) + 12x50m (kick)...then I warm down and left liao....

This morning...I cycled down to ECP...to meet up with some of the Eastside Sgrunners...I'm both a westside and eastside runner...hehe...so when i'm in school...can join the westside runners...when I'm at home...can join the eastside runners :D
I din run with them though...just cycled...total abt 30km...with a bfast break in between...hehe...

Now I'm back home...gotta finish up my presentation for my QSAR study asap :P

2 comments:

oysterix said...

Esther back in Guardian??!!

I hope she was only locuming too...

penguin said...

haha...ya...she was locuming...but somehow that day, she was very busy while i was...err...doing my work most of the time...haha...she kept complaining...wanted to send customer to me...
locums want to slack only lah :P