Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Morning run at Sentosa

I'm crazy!!!

Woke up at 6 plus to go run at Sentosa before work with my friend, Jayce, who works in the Dolphin Lagoon...wanted to try out the Real Run route since I'm working at Harbourfront...hehe...

Arrived at Harbourfront interchange at 7am...was in the same train as Jayce...but we were both sleeping...so din notice each other :p
We were in time for the first visitors' bus to Sentosa!! hehe...Got to the visitor arrival center...changed to the yellow bus to get to Dolphin Lagoon where we put our belongings...


The red line is the route I took this morning
The yellow line is the Real Run route...I think ;)
Click on the image for a larger picture

Started running at ard 7.40am from the dolphin lagoon...decided to run on the road instead of the beach...Jayce is gg for the Pattaya Marathon this weekend...and she just signed up last weekend...talk abt impulsive decision...she din even had plane tickets confirmed when she signed up...so exciting!!!
Anyway, we ran along the beach til Siloso...where we turned right and entered the trail...the trail is not exactly a trail...it's tarred road :) Not too sure whether the trail marked on the map is correct or not...but I can be sure I was running on the correct trail this morning as there are distance marker for the Real Run along the trail every 500m!!!

We were a bit lost when we reached the musical fountain...think we ended up running more towards the Visitor Arrival Center...the red marking on the map is the route we took...and the yellow one is wat I BELIEVE to be the actual route...

From there, we ran back to the Dolphin Lagoon along the road...skipped the part at the golf course...we reached the Dolphin Lagoon at abt 8.15am...not very fast...it's early in the morning!! and we had stopped a bit at the musical fountain trying to figure out the way ;)

Jayce stopped at the Dolphin Lagoon...while I continued towards Tanjong Beach...she starts work at 8.30am...while I only start at 10.30am...
I ran till the end of Tanjong Beach...then back running on the beach...the initial part was ok as the sand was more firm...but as I moved on the sand was more loose...wah...no fun to run on the sand man!!! Took almost 15 mins to complete that leg which is just slightly over 2km!!! and I think only a quarter to a third is on the sand!!!
Imagine how the sand is gg to be like after hundreds of ppl have run over it??!! Better be the first few to run on the sand man!!

After that I cool down, took a shower, then took a bus out to Harbourfront...dropped off my bag at the pharmacy first...it's only 9.15am then...doubt I need more than an hour for bfast?? Anyway, I had bfast at McDonald's and even surf net a while there...then went into Cold Storage...hmm...nothing to buy...the rest of the shops are still closed...so at 10am, I decided to go back to the pharmacy liao...managed to serve a couple of customers before 10.30am!! Do I get paid for that..hehe :p

Tonight I'll be meeting Jayce again for dinner...if she can't make it, then I'll go down to Queenstown for underwater hockey...but I have to get my fins, snorkel and mask from her first ;)

2 comments:

oysterix said...

When are u going to have a real JOB???? So shiok yeah!

BTW, today Penguin went down South to Mastrict...wonder if he survived the train ride...:)

They are still not back yet, think i shall take a nap..

penguin said...

err...maybe 4-5 years time?? Meanwhile I'll be real student soon :p

Oh no...Penguin took a train? Let's hope he doesn't jump out...can't put up posters to look for him there :S