Friday, July 29, 2005

Run to botanical garden

Decided to go for a 10k run today...to the botanical garden where I'll join the Unity ppl for their nature walk :)

Want to try out my new HRM :D



I have used it yesterday when I went to swim...but my heart rate doesn't seem to go very fast...max is abt 150 *roll eyes*...must have been quite slack?

Anyway, I started off from my place at abt 3.15pm...from St Michael's Rd, I turned into Serangoon Rd...then Selegie Rd, Prinsep Rd, Orchard Rd, Tanglin Rd, Napier Rd and I have arrived at the Minden Gates of the botanical gardens...but I was still early...decided to run towards the Visitor Center via Dell Lane, Palm Valley Rd and U turn back to the Minden Gates where the nature walk will start *phew*... maintained my heart rate at abt 160-175...my max HR seems to be 193 based on the Fitness Test using the HRM...resting HR when I sleep is 60...quite high hor?


Click on the image for a larger picture
Blue line = running route
Red ine = nature walk route...somehow were wre led by customers today :P


Amazingly I din have to stop much at the traffic lights on the way to the botanical gardens...most of the pedestrian traffic lights were green when I was running past...got quite a few stares from passerbys though :P

After the walk, I walked to Tanglin Mall to visit my classmate at the pharmacy...ended up having lunch there with a few friends :)
After dinner, I continued walking towards Orchard...visited Borders, Hello Singtel, BK at Orchard Emerald (bought dinner for housemate), then since I just missed the bus, decided to walk on to Plaza Sing...visited the Asics shop...they r having clearance sales...30-40% off most of their shoes and apparels...20% of Saucony shoes..din buy anything though...dun need any ;)

Then it's time to go home...to watch cable tv...just got cable tv today!!! some special promotion $14.70/month for 3 basic groups and 1 digital group :D

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Penguin , I met this old man whose age around 60 when I was running along west coast highway on sat morning , he was wearing the SC2004 finisher black T shirt , so I stopped to consult him the training tips , he said there's 2 things which he will do every week , that is to run 30km very very slowly and visit Bukit timah hill ( I've yet been there ) running up and down 5 times ... wow fantastic ....

Nic

Anonymous said...

by the way , the old man said he is staying somewhere near Botanical Garden , that's why your run over that place let me recalled that incident .

Nic

penguin said...

nic: wah...run 30km every week and run up and down Bt Timah Hill 5x??!! uncle power lah!!
I'm too lazy to spend so much time on running...wonder how I can finish the full marathon *roll eyes*

Anonymous said...

aiyah , 42km for you is possible since u had completed the OSIM recently ... if i happen to visit the pharmacy you are work I will approach and self intro har !!!

Nic