Saturday, July 02, 2005

OSIM triathlon

Wow!! It was great...

Took a cab to ECP this morning...the uncle asked me how come never cycle to ECP??!! Shack leh...after that still need to swim 750m..then cycle 20km..then run 5km...cycle there???!!! He din know I'm gg for the triathlon lah...hehe

Got to ECP at abt 845am...put on my security wrist tag and marked by arms and legs...then immediately checked my bike into the transition area...after that I went to walk ard checking out the tentages...nothing much to see...so I decided to walk back to the transition area to meet my friend...took quite long to get back as I had to pass the area where the swimmers run towards the transition area to get their bikes...the participants from the mini event just finished their swim...hehe...mini event...no "kick" lah...

Found my friend (Jayce) and her relay team mates (Evan and Elaine) outside the transition area...marking their arms and legs, putting on the race bibs etc...once they were done, we went into the transition area where I laid out some of my stuff like shoes, socks, goggles, swim cap, towel...the rest were still on me...3S (singlet, shorts and shades) and a cap...then we went to recee the transition area...we have to run in (after swimming) and out (after cycling) of the transition ara through a mini overhead bridge...wah...need to go up hill and down hill after each leg...shack...

After that, we decided to get ready and go to the holding area for the swim...we managed to see the elite junior participants start off their race...wow...they are fast!!! maybe a bit too fast...saw a couple of jap participants with bandages all over their arms, legs and face after the race...must have fell off their bikes while sprinting!!!

I'm the 4th wave out of 5 for the sprint event...for the non-elite ppl...hehe...each wave was only abt 3 mins apart...I managed to overtake many participants from the 2nd and 3rd wave...and a few from the 1st wave...yay...but some guys from the last wave (relay participants) were very fast...they overtook me during the first half of the swim!!! The wave was quite strong at the sea today...kept drinking sea water when I was trying to breath...eewk!!!

After the swim, I jogged towards the transition area with my jellied leg...managed to pose for a photo somemore...hehe...I'm a poser...I'm gg to have a lot of photos with the "peace" sign ;) Oh ya, I saw Jon...he was at the swim start when I started...but now he's at the swim end...

When I got to my bike, I had a quick drink, dried myself a bit...then I started putting on all my barang-barang...singlet, shorts, socks, shoes, cap, shades and finally my helmet...haha...so many things...no wonder my transition time is always among the longest...

Then I pushed the bike towards the mount line...and started my 20km cycling...twice around the 10km route...a lot of ppl, esp those on road bikes, overtook me here...Evan overtook me when I was at my second round...

After the bike leg, my legs were totally nua liao...put my bike back at the racks at the transition area...nearly forgot to remove my helmet...luckily got a reminder from the marshall...hehe...then off I go...up and down the mini overhead bridge...towards my final 5km run...I was jogging really slowly as my leg was really really very nua liao...had plenty of isotonic drink along the way...also had a nice cool spray of water near the half way mark and again on the way back ;) Saw Jayce on her way running back when I was approaching the half way mark...no strength to chase after her liao...dun care...just run and pose for photos can liao...hehe ;)

Finally after almost 2 hrs I arrived at the finishing line...yay!!!


The triathlon route...click on the image for a larger photo


Went into the transition area...took some photos...packed up...then off we went for some nice cool dessert...somehow we were not hungry even though we haven't had lunch...after dessert, we went back on our own...


Me with my bike at the transition area...after the race...



Jayce and I...



The gals...Elaine, Jayce and I...



Evan, Jayce and I...Evan and Jayce are team Dolfin at the ATC ;)


I cycled home!!! Din wanna waste money taking cab back again...took abt 45 mins to cycle the 13km all the way back to St Michael's Rd...Phew...

Guess wat I did after that?? Did laundry, had a shower...and I went out to shop at Orchard with my housemates!!! Din stay long though...they met some other frens to play pool...decided it's time for me to go home, have dinner, rest and write this blog ;)

Gonna sleep really early tonite...gotta wake up at 3 plus so that I can reach ECP at 5am...gg to be swim marshall at the triathlon tmrw...so excited...can see all those elite triathletes!!!

1 comment:

Muggs said...

Great race!!! Well done.... I think I was one of those last few in my cat